As a Senior Engineer in Database Administration team, the individual will be involved in the build and run activities related to Microsoft database technology and infrastructure.
The role will contribute to solution engineering and support as well as being responsible for delivering database projects, maintaining running systems and performing problem analysis and troubleshooting. The individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles. The individual will share the responsibility of overall database build, deployment, and support. He or she will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team, responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. The role serves as a technical/functional specialist and must be able to work both as part of a team and independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or Information technology field.
• Ideally Microsoft Certified DB Professional having more than 8 years’ experience with Microsoft database products.
• Mid-level DBA experience, managing MSSQL databases, versions 2005 and onwards
Experience, Roles, and responsibilities
• Must be having good knowledge and experience on SQL Server 2005, 2008 R2, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2019
• Excellent communication and conversation skills (Verbal and Written) and can correspond with business and management
• Evaluation of Project Requirements and recommend SQL SERVER solutions
• Create and Update SQL SERVER management documentation (e.g. Configuration, SOP, DR, etc.)
• Troubleshooting on various SQL SERVER performance and critical issues
• Installation and Configuration of SQL Server (Standalone and Cluster) testing and Application of SQL Patches and Service Packs
• SQL Clustering setup & configuration (SQL SERVER Cluster (FCI), Always On, Database Mirroring)
• Database security
• Experience in Performance Tuning and Monitoring session
• Troubleshoot issues related to TempDb , Transaction Log, and System Databases
• Creation of SQL agent jobs and troubleshooting
• Database migration/Upgrade from 2005/2008 R2/2012/2014 to 2016/2017/2019
• Database Backup and Restore Solutions (Full, Transaction, Diff, File Group)
• Database Indexing, index Maintenance, and general SQL SERVER maintenance
• Troubleshooting of cluster (SQL SERVER Cluster (FCI), Always On, Database Mirroring)
• DR Replication configuration and testing (using SQL Server/Hardware-based technologies)
• SQL SERVER encryption technologies like TDE (column-level encryption is a plus)
• Good knowledge of Windows server 2003,2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016, 2019
• Good working knowledge of MS OFFICE
• Other SQL SERVER technologies like SSRS/SSAS/SSIS is a plus
• Replication technologies is a plus (e.g. Transactional)
• Cloud experience is a plus (Azure / AWS)